Monday, January 30, 2012

Sometimes


I have posted this before, but it's something that I came across again and need to drill in my head on a weekly basis. I am very guilty of this! I do expect a lot from people, purely because I would be willing to do so much for anyone {not trying to be cocky at all!} I just like to give, not to just receive in return... I truly love to do things for others, it gives me tons of happiness in doing so :) I know though that I expect more from others that are the closest to me. I think I do that just because their love is greater for me than some stranger or acquaintance that hardly knows me. I have learned from experience though not to get my hopes too high for things and when things don't go my way or as I hoped; not to sweat it. Now, I am NOT perfect...so I fail at this at times, but the good thing is that I am aware. Life is WAY too short to let the tiniest things ruin our day, hard at times not too, but I am a work in progress. I think that it is safe to say that at times we are all guilty of this...some more than others {ha} but we do, it's our nature. Honestly, I wouldn't say it is necessary a bad thing its just how we react to it, or how we handle it. 

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over analyzing the situation, trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, should've, would've happened; OR you can leave the pieces on the floor and move on. In life and love, you learn that there comes a time to let go and move on. Think how different it would be if you never met the one person who changed everything. Sometimes you only forgive someone because you can't stand not having them in your life. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. The longer you put off making a decision, the harder it becomes to make.If you have something to say to a loved one, don't wait until tomorrow. Too late comes sooner than later. Most people don't aim to high and miss. They aim to low and hit. Don't make someone a priority if they only make you an option. If you don't have a dream, how can you have a dream come true? Don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems and when you've lost hope, ask yourself if you're gonna wish you gave it one more shot because the best things in life don't come free. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. There are things you don't want to happen but have to accept, things you don't want to know but have to learn, and people you can't live without but have to let go.


As people grow up, they realize it becomes less important to have more friends, and more important to have real ones. To let go isn't to forget, not to think about, or to ignore. It doesn't leave feelings of anger, jealously, or regret. Letting go isn't winning or losing. It's not about pride, and it isn't about not obsessing or dwelling on the past. It's not giving in or giving up. Letting go isn't about loss, and it's not defeat. To let go is to cherish memories, but to overcome them and move on. Letting go is accepting. Letting go is having the courage to accept change and have the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up. Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will. There's nothing scarier than getting what you want, because that's when you really have something to lose. There's a little truth behind every just kidding, a little curiosity behind every just wondering, a little knowledge behind every I don't know, and a little emotion behind every I don't care.

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten. It's hard to know you'll never remember the things I'll never forget.Smile big for everyone, even when you know what they've done. I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do, But I continue learning; I look around at what everyone has And I forget about all I've got; I forgive, but I never forget. A day without smiling is a day wasted. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs. Life's not about the people who act true to your face. It's about the people who remain true behind your back. Live for the moments you can't put into words. "Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much more for them."

I'm the kind of girl who doesn't say much, but when i do, it means a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment